Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 5:28:14 PM EDT
I'm looking for a comp'ed barrel for my  4" barrelled Charles Daly.  Originally, I had considered a compensator/bushing, but was told that they offer very little in the way of recoil reduction and other "claimed" benefits.  Basically, I'd like the comp. to be no longer than an inch, and I want the contours to follow that of the slide so that the firearm will somewhat appear like a full-size 1911 (and fit into standard holsters).

Any suggestions from the experts here?

Thanks in advance,
-WRM
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:00:11 PM EDT
[#1]
MODEL 7- SHORTY 2 PORT CONE STYLE

2 Port Cone Style. Length of Comp portion is about .900. Originally designed for
Colt Commander length slides. When installed, it isn't much longer than a
Government Slide.  Or it can be installed on any 1911 if a larger competition job
isn't needed. Can be installed on stock barrel if threaded .575x40. Slide requires
machining for Reverse Recoil Spring Plug.

WHY???
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:00:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Closest thing I could find is a 5.5" TruBor Bull Barrel with T-1 Compensator from STI

stiguns.com/

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top