Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2006 8:52:55 PM EDT
I don't know much about these, spotted one in the local pawnshop and wondering if I should try to take it home if I can own it for under $300, opinions? worth having, or?  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:56:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I am confident you'll be getting what you pay for. I recall someone relaying their dismal experience with the new Auto Ordnances that cost 3-4 hundred. How's the triggerpull?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:35:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't tell you any more about it, other than condition looked good. I didn't even ask them to take it out of the case, just got to thinking about it afterward.  Was wondering about going back for it if it is worth owning.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:23:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I would take it for $200-$250 out the door.  It's really nothing more than an Argentine Surplus clone of the 1911.  I don't know if you noticed, but they don't have a grip safety.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:00:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I would take it for $200-$250 out the door.  It's really nothing more than an Argentine Surplus clone of the 1911.  I don't know if you noticed, but they don't have a grip safety.

Well, it's more like a scaled-up Star Model B.  Other than the barrel, magazine, and maybe one or two other minor parts, there is no commonality between the Ballerina Molester and the 1911.

The one I have is a excellent shooter, though. It outshot several of my 1911s and my S&W 4506 with no problem at all.  

They make a good tackle box gun.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:04:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I don't know much about these, spotted one in the local pawnshop and wondering if I should try to take it home if I can own it for under $300, opinions? worth having, or?  

Pricey at $300. Got mine for $200 some years ago. Mags, barrel, recoil spring, link, link pin, and barrel bushing are the only common parts AFAIK. Great pistol.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:57:14 PM EDT
[#6]
A buddy of mine owns one and I've put a few hundred rounds through it.  If you like the feel of the gun, it will treat you nicely for the price.  My personal complaint is that the trigger flat out blows.  Other than that, great beater gun and shoots very well.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:58:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:38:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I own one, and it is not reliable at all.  Here are some reasons i dont like my Ballester Molina.

Machining and fit are not very good, still has tool marks inside.  
Frame is not the same as a 1911.  
Trigger is not the same as a 1911.  Trigger pivots on a pin above the trigger.  I believe a 1911's trigger moves strait back.
The feed ramp is part of the magazine well and fouls easy.
The blade sights are crap.
Grip spring housing is not removable.
No grip safety.

If i were you i would go look for a cz-52 or StarPD.  Or wait until you can afford a glock

--mort
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:18:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the Glock sentiments Mort, and for the other input too, I do have a couple of other handguns I am happy with, although the thought of a "tackle box" type .45 appeals to me if it is a good one. The impression I am getting get is mixed, so maybe I will wait and see how long they have it, the price could come down if it gathers dust for a while.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:55:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, it's more like a scaled-up Star Model B.  Other than the barrel, magazine, and maybe one or two other minor parts, there is no commonality between the Ballerina Molester and the 1911.

The one I have is a excellent shooter, though. It outshot several of my 1911s and my S&W 4506 with no problem at all.  

They make a good tackle box gun.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top