Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2006 2:55:08 PM EDT
hello all...I was at my local range and there is a used stainless Kimber Classic for sale.....on the slide it just saids Kimber Classic (it doesnt have the Classic II) and there is no external extractor notch on the other side of the slide...I am cosidering purchasing this pistol, but only if it is a Series I  Kimber I do not want a Series II...what should I look for...and remember I am fairly new so please explain in detail what I should be looking for

thanks
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:00:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Look for an internal extractor, my knowledge is limited as well but I think an internal extractor = Series I.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:08:38 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=31&t=19935

Check this out.  Series II has firing pin drop safety I believe, and both internal and external extractor guns can be series II.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:10:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Pull the slide off and make sure there is no plunger that sticks out of the frame when the grip safety is depressed and sticks into a hole in the slide. That little bastard is annoying. I had the parts taken out of the slide, then filed the pin down so I could depress the grip safety while reassembling the weapon.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:53:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Pull the slide off and make sure there is no plunger that sticks out of the frame when the grip safety is depressed and sticks into a hole in the slide. That little bastard is annoying. I had the parts taken out of the slide, then filed the pin down so I could depress the grip safety while reassembling the weapon.

Do you know if you can sub a non series II firing pin for the series II pin and make it a series I.  Sounds to easy to be true.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#5]
You can use a series 70 Colt style firing pin and it will work just fine.  It also defeats the series II firing pin block.

I have a Pro Carry II with over 1200 rounds thru it and have not had ANY problems with the firing pin safety.  For me it's a non issue.

gunfighter48

A 45 may not expand but it will never be less than .45!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:50:08 PM EDT
[#6]
You can just drift out the rear sight and pull the Series II BS. I would just buy a Series 1 if I could. I refuse to have that abomination of a safety in my weapons. It was a pain in the ass for me. In the future I will probably just buy Colt pistols.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:51:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You can just drift out the rear sight and pull the Series II BS. I would just buy a Series 1 if I could. I refuse to have that abomination of a safety in my weapons. It was a pain in the ass for me. In the future I will probably just buy Colt pistols.

+1 But Kimber makes the Warrior with no firing pin block.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:12:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Your absolutely right, Kimber does make the Warrior....I have it.....but i'm looking for a non railed kimber series 1 to have some work done on when I do not have the need for a railed gun

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f48/chrismen/Picture143.jpg
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:35:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the same set up. But with a X200A

I had the same dilemma so I picked up this Colt 70 you see in the pic.  The only problem. It is so good I hate to send it off for the work.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:06:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I believe you are in series I territory. I just picked up a Stainless Classic as well, Series I. I believe the older Classic name is now called Custom. Mine came with rubber grips and a Butt ugly rubber coated mainspring housing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top