Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2006 8:49:02 AM EDT
Hello, all. I just got a Kimber Custom I second hand. It seems to have been set up as somebody's competition gun, as it has a scope mount and red dot on top. Well, the price was right when I got it, so I'm not going to complain. The previous owner had some work done, a trigger job. According to the scales, the trigger will fire the gun with 2.7 lbs of pressure (maybe a little less). When doing a safety check on the gun, I found that if I pull the trigger with the thumb safety engaged, it will not fire. However, if I then disengage the thumb safety AFTER releasing the trigger, the hammer will fall and be caught by the secondary sear notch. What can I do to recitfy this. I would like the triggerpull to be in the four pound range also. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:07:09 AM EDT
[#1]
collin- I would recommend finding out who did the work first, and let them know of malfunction. If you cannot, I would find a very reptuable 1911 smith close to you or send it out of state to have this problem fixed.

if you are in central ohio, or surrounding areas, I have just the man for you. IM/EMAIL me if you would like his name and number.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:13:31 AM EDT
[#2]
The odds of finding out the guy who did it are fairly low.  I would, however, love the name of your guy.  I'm down in Cincy.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:09:18 AM EDT
[#3]
no problem, he currently works at a very prominent gun store in northern columbus, and he is a 1911 fanatic/afficiando (sp?)/and a great guy to deal with..

IM inbound..
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:16:31 PM EDT
[#4]
You could probably get the safety issue fixed by installing a new thumb safety.  Increasing the trigger pull weight is likely giong to require some new fire control parts (hammer and sear) as the old ones have probably been altered to the point where you couldn't increase it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:00:26 PM EDT
[#5]
ditto on new thumb safety,,I just went thru the same thing with a eclipse II, it was a quick fix.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:13:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top