Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 8:23:30 AM EDT
Was at a gun shop earlier today. They had two used Colt's. The first was a Series 80 Commander in stainless. LNIB. They sold this same gun (I looked at it new a few weeks ago) about two weeks ago and the guy decided he wanted a Taurus instead, so he traded it. There is no signs of wear. It does not look like he even fired it. They are asking $735

The second Colt was a Series 90 Defender Lightweight. This one has obviously been shot, but is still in nice shape. The guy behind the counter did not know anything about the reason for the trade. They want $470. I know that the Defenders can be finicky. I also know I really have no need for a Defender, but it just calls to me.

Of the two, I REALLY like the Commander. Just wanted to know if the prices seemed fair to our panel of experts.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:25:41 AM EDT
[#1]
The Commander seems at least $100 high.  That's a very decent price on the Defender.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:38:04 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The Commander seems at least $100 high.  That's a very decent price on the Defender.

I would agree with ken_mays.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:08:24 AM EDT
[#3]
That's why I ask the experts. I will see if I can get them down on the Commander. If not, I may just have to take the Defender off their hands.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:45:09 PM EDT
[#4]
The price on the Defender is a flippin STEAL!!! You should have bought it yesterday. New, they run right around the $800 mark give or take $50 either way. $650 give or take $25 is fair for the other.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top