Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 3:30:57 PM EDT
How do you guys feel about Colt Gunsite pistol?

Are these things on manufactured in limited numbers?

From the series 70 fireing system, to the Novak sights it looks like a great pistol. And it has a differently shaped grip safety than those odd looking ones on the XSE. It comes with 2 wilson mags aswell. I could care less about the $100 coupon to gunsite. But the MSRP on these things is HIGH! Has anyone seen the retail prices on these? Around $1300, I might be wrong.

Is it worth it when you could instead buy a Kimber warrior with light rail, and night sights for the $300 or so less?

So i guess alot of this cost would simply be a price on a name, or two names anyway. (Gunsite and Colt.)
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:38:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Colt Gunsite CCO its not the one you describe but it has some of the same features.  While not as tight of a fit from frame to slide it does have a forged hammer, slidestop and firing pin stop.  It may have other forged pieces but these are the ones that I can easily tell.  While on the Kimber these are all MIM parts.  If you are someone who will change out these parts you may want to consider the cost of the parts and fitting them.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:47:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Here are my thoughts on the matter.

I like unfinished pistols because I have the opportunity to send them to a smith who will do great things with them.  For about 1520 you can get a YoBo Springfield with everything you need in a defensive pistol.  The wait will be longer, but the fit, finish and warranty will be miles ahead.

There are a lot of other smiths that do good work.  The trick is to find one that will do the bare minimum and get the pitol back to you quickly.

A Colt base gun can be had from anywhere from 550 to 1K.  Springfields come from YoBo for about 400.  The cost will be slightly higher, but you may kick yourself down the road for not getting the best that you could.

My choice for a 1300 dollar pistol would be a used Les Baer TRS.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:59:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I ahve held one of the gusn you speak of.  I was very impressed by the Colt.  However I could not justify it because I just got my 70 Series back from YoBo not to long ago.  If you want a gun thta has everything that the Gun Site pistol has but also has been built by one person from start to finish and has better fit check out the 1* line of guns from YoBo.  The basic idea for the Gun Site gun and the 1* are the same.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top