Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 5:36:59 PM EDT
I am looking at STI's "Match Grade" sear in Brownells (part#791-101-110).  How good is this sear as far as quality, function, etc.? Or are the Ed Brown "Perfection" and the Wilson "Deluxe A-6" sears better?  The sear will be used with an Wilson A-2 Ultralight Hammer or Ed Brown's Barstock Hardcore hammer.  Any info on these specific parts would be great.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:59:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I've used them all.  They're all good.  Everyone has a preference.  I like the quality of machining on the STI, but the fact that the Wilson is barstock sways me that way.  You can't go wrong with any of them, and I doubt anyone could truly argue one was head and shoulders above the rest.  It almost comes down to personal preference and cost.

I will say this though.  I recently put a Yost Bonitz hammer,sear,disconnector set in a friend's gun.  It was advertised to be a drop in trigger job in Brownells.  It was far from that, as it was excedingly heavy.  I find no fault in that, as every gun is different.  What I wanted to comment on was this.  If you're going to replace all 3, I highly recommend the Yo-Bo parts.  They are hands down the best machined examples I've seen.  The only brand I cannot say I've used is Dane Burns' parts, but I can say the Yo-Bo parts are better machined than any other brand commonly available.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:32:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I pretty much figured they were all good.  Thanks for your input and advice.  I am not going to go with the Yo-Bo because the hammer needs to be stainless for the look I am going for.   Thanks again.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:01:22 AM EDT
[#3]
EGW imhop makes the best sear for the 1911 style.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:06:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Personally, I like the Wilson Deluxe Sear. I have one in my SA Loaded in combination with a Wilson Ultralight commander hammer and I am very happy with the combination. They are much nicer than the MIMtastic sear and hammer that was stock with the pistol. I had a local smith fit and install them and the resulting trigger break is a nice, crisp 4lbs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top