Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 6:31:47 PM EDT
I'm new to the 1911 arena so here goes. I've got a Springfield 1911 GI that will severely dent in the spent case. Sometimes it does it worst than others, but I've had a couple that didn't dent any. Is there something wrong with the pistol or is it the way that I'm handling the recoil?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#1]
it's fine.  not a problem
but sounds like you may need to have a gun smith stone or file the ejector a bit.  
i would only do this  if you reload.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:41:39 PM EDT
[#2]
its the cut of the SA GI, company's like YO-BO can lower and flair the ejection port so it will no longer dent the case. But most is not all SA GI will dent the case.

I only feed my GI WOLF or 3rd time reloaded brass that wont be used again.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:49:49 PM EDT
[#3]
pretty much sucks for me since I've planned on reloading for this pistol.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:46:01 PM EDT
[#4]
If you are handy with a Dremel tool, get Bill Wilson's book-

It tells you how to lower and flair the ejection port. I have done 4 1911's using this book as a guide.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#5]
My Springfield 1911 GI does the same thing.  I don't reload.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top