Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 10:21:47 AM EDT
I've had my Springfield loaded for close to a year now and I've had an issue reassembling the slide release ever since it was new.  I know you're just supposed to push straight in so as not to leave an "idiot mark", but no matter how hard I push mine just won't go in.  It's like the detent that sticks out is just a hair too long, or does not have the correct profile.  Any advice?  Thanks.  MJD
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:27:25 AM EDT
[#1]
When I'm feeling clumsyI use a punch and press in the detent as I push the lock into place.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:58:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't push straight in.  Push up at 45 degrees.  Or, keeping straight in pressure, whack it with a plastic mallet or a Wilson mag with a plastic basepad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top