Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:45:32 AM EDT
I wanted to share a few thoughts about Dawson Precision, as I've had some excellent dealings with them over the past few years.  I've purchased quite a few rail kits from them, and the engineering and quality of their products is top notch.  

On the very first rail kit I ever installed, I wanted to blue the gun, and did not loctite or silver solder the screws.  Upon reassembly, I forgot to loctite the screws.  When I went shooting, I lost one from recoil causing it to back out.  Dawson sent me 6 new ones free of charge, even after I explained that it was my fault.  I told them to bill my card, and they refused.

I just ordered a Surefire Military light, the one that goes on the Kimber DET-1 pistol.  They asked if I was LE or Military for a discount.  I told them I was LE, and they asked for a faxed copy of my ID.  I thought I would be able to fax it to them, but couldn't get my fax to work.  I couldn't use a department fax for personal business.  

I ended up e-mailing a copy of my police ID to them, but this was 3 days after the fact.  They had already charged me the discounted amount based on my word, which is rare these days.

I can't say enough good about these people.  They are always warm and friendly when you call them, and their products, from their light kits, to bumper pads and sights, are top notch.   Big companies like this, Nighthawk Custom, and Wilson Combat always bend over backwards customer service wise.  My hat's off to them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top