Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2006 2:58:21 PM EDT
I have two 1911-ish pistols I want new front sights for.  First is a Springfield Loaded, with a .330 x 60 base, the other is a Para Companion with a .25 X "20" (i'm guessing that means 70 measured differently)

I want a fiber optic sight for each.  One for comp, one for carry.  I've heard the Novak sights and similar fit in the Springer, even though Novak uses a 65 degree dovetail.  Anyone know if it's true?  How about the Para-Ordnance?  Does Anyone else use that dovetail?

Help would be superlatively appreciated!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I asked a similar question about a week ago and got 2 replies. Good luck. My best solution so far was to knock out the old sights, take measurements, and try a known dovetail or angled sight. I now know what size sights I could buy, but have decided to go a diff. direction.

Best solution I can offer to you is to look up the sizes on Brownells web site or in their catalog.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:40:39 PM EDT
[#2]
thanx blackta....i adopted the 1911 for standardization....something has gone terribly wrong lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top