Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 6:10:38 PM EDT
hello...i have a new Kimber Warrior.. and it is almost impossible to take out and put back in my bushing...what should i do or use to ease this problem
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:54:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Where exactly are you having trouble?  Warriors are fit with tight tolerances, but I've never had a problem with mine.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:02:42 PM EDT
[#2]
well the problem comes when the bushing is half way out...but then is so tight that it is impossible for me to pull it out...i had to use my bushing wrench to help get it out and that was even almost impossible...and then the same thing again....when putting it back....i have put a drop of oil around the bushing but it didnt do anything
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:34:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Huh.  It sounds like you might need to have your bushing fitted to your barrel and slide.  You could do it yourself, but if you are new to 1911's, I would recommend taking it to a good pistolsmith.  Better yet, try taking to the shop where you bought it and maybe they will fix it for free.  If you want to attempt to do it yourself, there are several different tutorials around the web that could show you.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:04:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
well the problem comes when the bushing is half way out...but then is so tight that it is impossible for me to pull it out...i had to use my bushing wrench to help get it out and that was even almost impossible...and then the same thing again....when putting it back....i have put a drop of oil around the bushing but it didnt do anything

How are you executing removal???
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:52:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Bushings are suppose to fit "snug" All top of the line 1911's have a "snug" barrel bushing fit and using a wrench to assemble and disasemble is not uncommon. But, you should not need to use excesive force to remove it. You may need to file/fit the lug just a bit for a better fit. good luck
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:04:54 PM EDT
[#6]
The bushing on my Warrior was also rather tight when it was new. Shoot it and it will wear-in and be easier to remove.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top