Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2006 6:48:57 AM EDT
Does anyone know of a Gunsmithing outfit that offers reasonably quick turn around on sight install?( Heinie or Novak) I would like to send a slide off and get it back in a few weeks.(not months, like I have been quoted)BTW the gun in question is a Springfield GI.Thanks
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:51:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Caveat:  I have not used Novak for sight installs.

I have sent two 1911's to Novak's for some work.  Each time they were done quicker than I expected.  The longer of the two took 10 days, IIRC.  They did a reliability job, trigger replacement, trigger adjustment, ejector and extractor swap, mag release swap, safety swap and sight adjustment.

The second one was safety and extractor/ejector swap and reliability job.  Around 7 days.

They can quote you a lead time, and they are usually within a day of that time.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:58:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn that was fast, thanks Ed.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:10:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Damn that was fast, thanks Ed.

Only thing I might mention on sights is that some sight installs might require a slide refinish, which may be the big "delay", as many gunsmiths send their slides out for refinish to other shops.

Novak's should be able to tell you exactly what they will do, and how long.

I rate them highly for the work they've done for me.  A+
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:34:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I recently had Heinie's installed on my Kimber Classic Custom.  I sent them the slide and had it back in about a week.  Not bad IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:24:45 PM EDT
[#5]
All black low mounts on my Commander slide in a week. Great sights and service. 200.00
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:12:30 PM EDT
[#6]
+1 for Novaks, top shelf, good service.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:08:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top