Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2006 9:39:45 PM EDT
I saw a used Model 70 blued Gov. Model for 650 in a store today, assuming normal wear, and original box, is that about the price for one of those? or is that low/high? Also a combat commander for the same price next to it.
I know, depends on use and wear, but lets assume excellent to very good condition.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:48:43 PM EDT
[#1]
As long as the metal is good, sounds great.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:19:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:27:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds about right...if you can, snag the serial number; that'll tell you what you're getting into before you pick it up.

I picked up one much like yours for about the same price; looked up the serial and it appears to have been made in 1974 (Serial was 70G603XX).

You can check dates here (bottom of the page is commercial 1911A1 production)
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:18:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sounds about right...if you can, snag the serial number; that'll tell you what you're getting into before you pick it up.

I picked up one much like yours for about the same price; looked up the serial and it appears to have been made in 1974 (Serial was 70G603XX).

You can check dates here (bottom of the page is commercial 1911A1 production)

That's what you're looking for. The G prefix serial numbered guns are considered to have the best QC of the original Serires 70 Colts. Talk him down to $575 or so and you've scored. Even at $650 it a reasonable deal if he'll let you break down and inspect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top