Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 12:53:04 AM EDT
I've been lurking, gleening information over the past several months, trying to decide on my first 1911 as I am paring down my collection and simplifying things.  I REALLY appreciate all the input given on this board.  The info available here is phenomenal!

So I finally sold a few of my other guns, worked some overtime, and purchased my new baby.  I now own only ONE pistol.  It's a stainless SA TRP that I picked up for $1,049.00/tax.

I only have a few hundred rounds through it, but so far its perfect, and very accurate.  I will no doubt make a few modifications (the 2-piece guide rod must go), otherwise I am completely satisfied.

Again, thanks for the help everyone,

DD

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:35:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:35:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats a Great Choice, wheres the PICs
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:56:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Your addiction has only begun

Boy ain't that the truth!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:17:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thats a Great Choice, wheres the PICs

+1

No pics? WTF?

Congrats on your new pistol, but you can forget only owning one pistol 1911.
It just isn't possible.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:41:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Very good choice and a good price...  I got a TRP a while back and it now has two stablemates in the safe.  A '24 Colt and a '43 Ithaca and I sense they're going to continue to reproduce...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top