Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2005 8:42:50 AM EDT
I'm going to the local fun store tomorrow to buy a Kimber Warrior.  I have 2 1911s right now, a Parkerized SA Milspec Loaded and a Kimber Classic stainless series 1.  I'm planning to trade one of them towards the Warrior.  My heart tells me to get rid of the Milspec, mainly because I never shoot it, it's a little rough around the edges, etc, but I also know I won't get much out of it.  But I do like it's simpleness and nostalgic appeal.  My Kimber Classic is a dream to shoot and it being a series 1 makes it hard for me to trade away.  I can afford the Warrior outright, but knocking a few hundred dollars off the price with a trade-in would be nice.

So here's the questions:

Any idea the trade in value of the Milspec?  Should I buy the Warrior outright and sell the Milspec privately?  If I do trade it I don't want to get hosed too bad, so some type of ballpark figure on it's trade in would be appreciated.

Trade in/sell off the Classic since I am basically getting another series one in return?

Trade them both in?   j/k

Now to decide which model Warrior to get...  I'm leaning towards the black model.  But I plan to fondle them both and picking which one feels tighter and smoother.

Oh BTW, the local price on the Warrior is only $1050.  Not bad at all.

ETA: I replaced the ILS on the the Milspec with an S&A arched, checkered, lanyard loop MSH.  As well as the stock barrel bushing with a blued Ed Brown.  Not that it adds that much value to it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:01:18 AM EDT
[#1]
If it were me, I wouldn't sell either.  However, if you are bound and determined to sell one, I'd do it online.  Trying to sell it to the dealer will cost you more in the end, as he can't offer you a normal "used" price.  He can only sell it as a used gun, and will probably price it to stay competitive with similar used models.  That means he has to offer you less than what he can sell it for, just to make a profit.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Trade in value is not very good.

Private party sale is the way to go, but you don't get much more, and then you might end up paying part of shipping, insurance, etc.  FTF sale would be better.

They are good guns.  Keep 'em all.  

You can never have too many 1911s.  

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:17:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:09:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, the vote tabulator thingie must use some kind of french math

I stripped everything off my Milspec and returned it to original and took it to the gun shop this morning just to see what i'd get in trade.  I told him not to worry about offending me with a trade in price, and told him what I paid for it originally ($450).  I told him simply if the amount isn't what I'd like i'll just sell it privately.

Anyway, he offered me the Warrior for $725 out the door with my trade-in, yes taxes included.  That comes out to $388 trade-in value for a used Milspec.  Needless to say I took his offer  Mainly just to spite SGB

ETA:  I got the black model plus a set of coyote Gunner Grips.  I have a set of unknown make wood double diamonds and they surprisingly look nice on the gun.  I'm still debating which grips I like better.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:20:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:45:31 PM EDT
[#6]
This thread is worthless without pics.

ETA: About polls...  4 choices = ok tallying
5 choices = h0z3d tallying
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:10:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This thread is worthless without pics.

ETA: About polls...  4 choices = ok tallying
5 choices = h0z3d tallying

The picture of the new buy is in the 1911 picture thread ya dork
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:22:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Congrats and good move.  there's nothing worse than an unused gun, and any chance you get to swap an unused one for one you'll use is a good thing.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:57:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Congrats and good move.  there's nothing worse than an unused gun, and any chance you get to swap an unused one for one you'll use is a good thing.

I can think of many worse things than having extra guns even if you don't use them.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:37:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I traded a 80 ser SS Gov modle for this

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:27:58 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Wow, the vote tabulator thingie must use some kind of french math

I stripped everything off my Milspec and returned it to original and took it to the gun shop this morning just to see what i'd get in trade.  I told him not to worry about offending me with a trade in price, and told him what I paid for it originally ($450).  I told him simply if the amount isn't what I'd like i'll just sell it privately.

Anyway, he offered me the Warrior for $725 out the door with my trade-in, yes taxes included.  That comes out to $388 trade-in value for a used Milspec.  Needless to say I took his offer  Mainly just to spite SGB

ETA:  I got the black model plus a set of coyote Gunner Grips.  I have a set of unknown make wood double diamonds and they surprisingly look nice on the gun.  I'm still debating which grips I like better.

I voted to keep all 3. You did alright though. Thats a very fair deal.
Top Top