Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2005 1:50:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:57:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I want to know as well.  Thanks for asking Marine.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:43:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Who makes any decent concealment-type holsters for 1911s with rails, either with or without a light attached?

I carry my SA Operator on a daily basis in a IWB holster.  I have a Comptac CT.A.C. and a Milt Sparks VM II.  Both holsters are incredibly comfortable and easy to put on and take off.

One thing I've noticed with both holsters is the ease of concealment with my Operator.  I wear a T-shirt and shorts with no worries.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:00:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a VersaMax II for my TRP Operator. It works great! The only problem is the 12-16 week wait from Milt Sparks! A railed 1911 isn't any harder to conceal than a regular 1911. It simply stays a little thicker at the dust cover. The overall thickness/width of the gun stays the same. It just weighs slightly more due to the extra metal on the frame.

www.miltsparks.com

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:22:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in NoVa until Thanksgiving, and I brought my Springfield MC Operator and holster with me.  Give me a call and I'll show you.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:15:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have a VersaMax II for my TRP Operator. It works great! The only problem is the 12-16 week wait from Milt Sparks! A railed 1911 isn't any harder to conceal than a regular 1911. It simply stays a little thicker at the dust cover. The overall thickness/width of the gun stays the same. It just weighs slightly more due to the extra metal on the frame.

www.miltsparks.com
members.cox.net/alien1099/trp-vm2-1.jpg
members.cox.net/alien1099/trp-vm2-2.jpg

I agree the wait sucks but you can do what I did.  Buy a CT.A.C until the Versa Max is ready.  The CT.A.C. is only like 65 bucks nad is a great holster!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:25:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone know of a holster that will fit the Warrior with a Streamlight M6 mounted?  I picked up a Desantis Speed Scabbard that fits with the light removed but would like to find one that doesn't require dismounting the light.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:23:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:51:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Does anyone know of a holster that will fit the Warrior with a Streamlight M6 mounted?  I picked up a Desantis Speed Scabbard that fits with the light removed but would like to find one that doesn't require dismounting the light.

Safariland 6004/6280 P/N's for Light Railed 1911s
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Blade-Tech makes them.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:58:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm in NoVa until Thanksgiving, and I brought my Springfield MC Operator and holster with me. Give me a call and I'll show you.

What are you doing tomorrow? I finally have a day off. I'll give you a call.

Tomorrow morning I'm shooting an M1 Garand match at the Northern Virginia Gun Club with a former USMC 8541 buddy, then in the afternoon I'm shooting on Range 2 at Quantico MCB with another former USMC 8541 buddy.  Let's meet up in the evening, I'll call you back sometime during the day.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:43:12 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Blade-Tech makes them.

I checked with Blade-Tech - their holster only fits with the Surefire light.  They don't make a model to fit with the Streamlight M6.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#12]
don hume's website shows their model H722 as being what looks like a concealable belt slide type holster.  they don't specify the warrior, but they list 1911's and the m6.
i have no experience w/ that holster, but i have couple of their holsters.  they're well built, solid, not as pretty as sparks, but hume's stuff lasts a long time.  i have an adjustable radio holder that i've used for about ten years, everyday at work.  it's still almost new looking.
give 'em a call.  sorry, but i don't know how to hot link it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 1:16:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I checked with Blade-Tech - their holster only fits with the Surefire light.  They don't make a model to fit with the Streamlight M6.

Which holster are you looking at?  I just looked at the basic "Tactical Light Holster" and they list the M3-M6 combo on the 1911.  The Steel Challenge package only come equipped for the Surefire, but the other holsters can be set up for the Streamlight M Series.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:46:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Check out Sidearmor, they make great holsters for railed weapons with or without lights mounted.

www.sidearmor.com
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:15:23 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which holster are you looking at?  I just looked at the basic "Tactical Light Holster" and they list the M3-M6 combo on the 1911.  The Steel Challenge package only come equipped for the Surefire, but the other holsters can be set up for the Streamlight M Series.

My apologies to all, I stand corrected.  In looking back at the email (which I luckily saved) I find that it was Side Armor I had contacted about a holster for the Warrior with Streamlight M6.  Their response was that their holster only fit that model with the Surefire light.  They promised to let me know if they expand their line to include the Streamlight M6.  I hope I didn't lead anyone astray.

I checked out the Blade-Tech website on your recommendation and will likely be ordering one of their holsters shortly.  Thank you for the tip.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:45:09 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Check out Sidearmor, they make great holsters for railed weapons with or without lights mounted.

www.sidearmor.com

+1 on the sidearmor.  Adjustable tension screw, use with or without the light attached (Surefire X200).  

I don't think they make any holsters for other lights/lasers like the M3 or M6, but contact them.  I could be wrong.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b319/bjones4545/Slide/2e588cc3.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b319/bjones4545/Slide/e79d6419.jpg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top