Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 6:40:21 AM EDT
I got a Kimber classic custom standard sights.

Should I get adjustable night sights?  Advantages/disadvantages....educate me

This will not be a carry gun...recreation only
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:58:40 AM EDT
[#1]
it's really a personal preference issue in your case.  there are excellent adjustables out there-bomar, novak to name a couple.  
since you're talking recreation only, you'll be fine from a strict durability issue, and i'm assuming that you are going to be using different grain bullets (the only real reason to need adjustables IMO).  some stoppage drills if you choose to practice them can involve running you hand fairly vigorously over the rear site, and if there are sharp edges, i guess the pain will tell you that you're alive.
the only other issue IMO is the cost, many of the adjustables require milling and refinishing of the slide (you don't mention if your kimber is stainless, and i'm not up on all of the variants anyways).

it really just boils down to what you want.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:06:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Kimber's adjustable sights are known for being less than well made. The blade tends to break off.

[email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top