Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 5:42:58 AM EDT
So I'm stumped and looking to see if this is a normal problem, well beyond the every day some autos don't like some hollow point ammo.

I've got a V10 that I normally run various ball ammo through or Hydra Shoks... No real feed problems ever.

I recently decided to look at a lighter +P load for carry purposes though due to the short ported barrel on the V10.  (Increase the roudn velocity to compensate for lost barrel and porting velocity)

The Hornady XTP's seem to have a regular rendency to jam on first round racking.  It's strange because they don't get lodged on the back of the feed ramp or anything like normally would occur with a hollow point not feeding well, they actually seem to lodge angled upward right after entering the chamber.  

This a normal sort of thing?  I really don't have a lot of experience with 1911's so any advice is appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:56:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm, XTP's run great in my loaded 1911, but I use 230 gr.  Have you tried different mags and gotten the same result?  The Springfield mags suck in plain words, any kind of feed problem I would immediately attribute to them.  If you're using good mags like Wilson/McCormick/whatever then I can't help you.  MJD
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:37:26 AM EDT
[#2]
that sounds like the 3 point jam that was talked about in one of the 1911 AGI videos that I've got. I'll run through it and find the fix, as I dont remember it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:30:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd appreciate that.  Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top