Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2005 10:34:35 AM EDT
I have one gun with VZ grips already.  I have the black linen micarta Gatorbacks on a Springfield Operator.  I really like them and they are by far,, the best grips I have used on a pistol.  I wish the color would stay black instead of gray, but the feel is awesome.

Now, I have a gun being customized by Vandenberg Custom and I'm mulling my grip options. The gun will be parkerized (very dark gray to black) with an S&A Magwell funnel.  I'm leaning heavily to a black/red combo, but I can't decide between the Gatorbacks and the linen 320s.  I like the look of the 320s better, but I'm not sure I'd like the feel of the grip as well as I do the Gatorbacks.  I also haven't ruled out green linen.

Any suggestions or pics of parkerized guns with these grips?

www.vzgrips.com
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:11:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I put the Black Red Paper Micarta on my 1911, very  happy with them.
Goes really well with Hard Chrome.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:20:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:42:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Cliffy,

Here are some pics of the green / black 320 & red / black 320. Maybe this will help.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:45:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Canvass Gators.  Green or red makes little difference.  Green looks more military and red looks more like traditional 1911 grips.  Gators have better traction than the 320s.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top