Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/26/2018 3:25:06 PM EDT
http://liberty1911.com/
I'm kind of interested. In their faq section it says it would be available March 2018. Are they actually available anywhere yet?
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 3:33:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I like it, I'm curious now too.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 6:25:12 PM EDT
[#2]
They are saying a complete gun in a box for $399.
That will be attractive to many folks i'm thinking.

Edit: I just signed up to be kept in the loop also.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 6:41:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I subscribed to their email list. I'll try one out, if $400 for complete kit.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 7:45:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I would tend to think that those polymer frames will never hold up long term. Heck, even some aluminum frames from the past have been known to crack from heavy use; IE: More than 5k rounds. Do what you want, but I would never build a 1911 on a polymer frame. The newer aluminum alloys would be superior to polymer IMHO.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would tend to think that those polymer frames will never hold up long term. Heck, even some aluminum frames from the past have been known to crack from heavy use; IE: More than 5k rounds. Do what you want, but I would never build a 1911 on a polymer frame. The newer aluminum alloys would be superior to polymer IMHO.
View Quote
Been under a rock the past 30 years?
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 7:59:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Can I get it with the Glock grip angle?

I kid I kid....

LOL

Red
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 9:53:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I’m curious what felt recoil is like.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 7:15:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
I thought about that also.
20oz.or so,will be noticeable.
I used to have a Star P.D.,that was 25oz.
You knew you were shooting a .45.

But,i think the full size G.I. would be a great truck gun.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 9:15:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Cool in theory.  Hopefully they are $99 or less for those of us that already have the rest of the parts...

Oh, and: https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Polymer-80--1911/5-2076388/
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 12:31:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
the 2011 grip frame is all polymer.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 6:38:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 7:16:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
I doubt it'd make much difference. I've got a LW champion with a polymer msh and I don't notice any extreme recoil. I'd say a .40 Glock recoils much more. Shit, I've got a .45 Glock and it doesn't recoil much at all either.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 7:28:29 PM EDT
[#13]
their facebook page went dark about 3 months ago.

My guess is they are nine months to a year out.  I was pretty surprised when they said they were going to launch rite away after shot.  Usually stuff hits delays.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 2:35:31 PM EDT
[#14]
I love 1911s and enjoy the purity of an all steel government monster. BUT I always thought it would be sweet to take the good part of Glocks (plastic and lightweight bottom) and utilize the better parts of a 1911 (single action trigger and skinny slide). a polymer gripped officer would be great. I would own only STIs if it wasn't for the cost, as they seem to maximize all this good stuff. Now if they do a kit that takes M&P or glock mags? that would be the shit.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 3:49:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I like the concept, I would be interested in a 9mm platform.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 6:36:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 6:43:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I like the concept, I would be interested in a 9mm platform.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#18]
IIRC there was a guy at the Nations Gunshow a few shows back selling them,

80% frame came in a plastic jig,

last show I believe he only had 80% glocks,

I cannot remember what brand they were
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 7:14:08 PM EDT
[#19]
So they take the classic 1911 and copy one of the worst features of eurotrash pistols - the stupid cutout behind the trigger where the support hand gets all its grip from?
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 11:07:38 PM EDT
[#20]
I have seen kits like this at gun shows in the last few years.
The salesman said they were great.....
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 2:08:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Wow. Looks very interesting
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 8:12:10 PM EDT
[#22]
im in for one

when are they selling
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 10:21:45 AM EDT
[#23]
No GS?  S70 or S80?
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 2:12:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Apparently foxtrot Mike is making these for liberty. Fm has pictures on their Facebook. I e mailed them and they haven't got back to me in a week.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 8:40:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Liberty 1911 appears to have gone tits up.

They deleted their Facebook page and haven't responded to their Instagram account (where they were most active) in about 2 weeks.

I really wanted one of these.

Damn. Now I have to put this in the file where the flying car I put a deposit on 5 years ago is.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 8:52:53 AM EDT
[#26]
@FM-Products, any updates?
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 10:11:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 11:33:41 PM EDT
[#28]
I would do that for a 9mm
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 3:00:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
We are still going, these things take time to get into production.  We literally spent 3-5 hours a day answering the exact same questions, every day, and that is no exaggeration.   Lot of moving parts to get together to bring something like this to market...
View Quote
So what's the projected timeline look like?
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 1:15:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
We are still going, these things take time to get into production.  We literally spent 3-5 hours a day answering the exact same questions, every day, and that is no exaggeration.   Lot of moving parts to get together to bring something like this to market...
View Quote
Hey thanks man. I'm just letting you know there is interest out here. I hope you can keep the price as reasonable as was posted on the liberty site.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 6:35:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Foxtrot-Mike,

I'm sympathetic what it takes to bring something to market. I started the patent process on a medical device in 2006, and we are just now getting into clinical testing (as opposed to cadavers).

That said, how much effort does it take to make a simple video once a month that answers most of the questions that you get asked ad infinitum?

Lenny Magill did that for the SS80 and it has helped his company maintain it's loyal customers.
Just throw something up on YouTube every 4 weeks, even if the production values on the video suck.

People are sympathetic to your getting dicked around by the ATF. Make use of that.
You don't have to be openly hostile to them, just let the public know what's happening.

It will take 30 minutes.

G.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They started showing pictures rite before shot and said it will be available in March.   Personally I think they are still about 9 mo this away at least.

If they spend 3-5 hours a day answering the same questions then a simple faq should resolve that.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 8:29:45 PM EDT
[#33]
They may be held up on the atf approval like glock store and the ss80.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top