Link Posted: 4/14/2016 6:32:50 PM EDT
[#1]
In for info.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 7:36:42 PM EDT
[#2]
launched yesterday
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 9:46:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Saw that yesterday, it seems a bit pricey.

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 8:55:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks ugly and at it's price, not even close to risking it when a SA Loaded can be had for under $800
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 10:10:09 AM EDT
[#5]

For the money I'd opt for a pistol from an established maker with a reputable warranty.

Why take a chance on another generic 1911 which may or may not have a warranty you can trust, when there are established companies making every sort of 1911 in every price catagory?
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 10:21:27 AM EDT
[#6]
It may be the picture but the finish looks pretty poor. I don't mind the design, looks pretty standard. I wish it didn't have their logo on it and some front strap checkering would be nice.

At that price and this early in the game, they have some tough competition.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:00:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Just my personal opinion, but from a businessman's perspective, I think they should have entered the market with an offering that would fit where the Ruger does in the market. Ruger is the only one in that spot. It has everything you need, nice features, top level parts, reliable, accurate, nothing extra, and priced right. It would have fit with their premium line of AR15s, where you get the exact same quality parts as Colt, FN, etc, but at a much more reasonable price. The premium AR offering forced the rest to reduce prices by a ton to keep up.

The Rugers are commanding a high price now, because they sell all they can make, and can't make them fast enough. A solid gun, with the right parts, at a mid level price.

From there, they could have started offering customized batches with better features, until they sold enough that there was enough good feedback to actually add a new custom line as a standard offering.

Low end 1911s, well you can't beat RIA / Armscor, and the market is saturated. The high end stuff, people want a name that is already well respected as a builder of 1911s, so they either go for a top name like Ed Brown or Wilson etc, or they seek out one of the many fine locals that have a great reputation.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:02:53 AM EDT
[#8]
IOWs, I was speaking of something they could sell at $500-$600 street price, MSRP of about $699.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:43:10 AM EDT
[#9]
looks like a les bear trs hard fit hopefully it shoots just as good and kicks his ass to the curb.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:44:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 12:24:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 12:56:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thank you for the comments.

We apologize for the quality of the initial pictures.    We listened to the feedback and sent our photographer back to the booth to take better pics.  

While a production gun, our 1911s are assembled in our West Columbia facility by armorers who take care with each and every pistol to make sure the final product is something the customer will appreciate for its fit, finish, and performance.

They are available to inspect in person at our retail facilities.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/370x370/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/7/7/77810211000rightlogo.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It may be the picture but the finish looks pretty poor. .

We apologize for the quality of the initial pictures.    We listened to the feedback and sent our photographer back to the booth to take better pics.  

While a production gun, our 1911s are assembled in our West Columbia facility by armorers who take care with each and every pistol to make sure the final product is something the customer will appreciate for its fit, finish, and performance.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/370x370/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/7/7/77810211000rightlogo.jpg

There will be people here that will buy them and report back. If the reviews are good, I'd be in for one because of the made here, plus quality etc. The new pic looks better
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 1:49:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cast or forged frame?
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 1:57:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Cast or forged frame?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cast or forged frame?

What parts are MIM if it has any.

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Taggity
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 7:44:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

the slide is forged, and the frame is cast. The smaller parts vary, but the materials used are consistent with the composition of parts in this market segment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cast or forged frame?

the slide is forged, and the frame is cast. The smaller parts vary, but the materials used are consistent with the composition of parts in this market segment.

I appreciate the reply.  Thank you Sir.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 8:01:23 PM EDT
[#18]
At long last! I was hoping they would come in at a little lower price point, but we'll see what happens.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:00:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Refreshing to see a dealer monitoring the forums.  One of the reasons I like PSA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Refreshing to see a dealer monitoring the forums.  One of the reasons I like PSA.

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:45:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cast or forged frame?

Which parts are not made in the USA? Not assemled, PRODUCED.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:19:10 PM EDT
[#21]
I saw the guns a few months ago when my local PSA had 2 in for people to try out before they released them, and they actually looked pretty good in person. Unfortunately there was a waiting list to try it out so I didn't get to shoot one.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 3:26:34 PM EDT
[#22]
What sort of warranty accompanies these 1911s in the unfortunate event the need arises?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:30:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 10:04:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Lifetime warranty in materials and workmanship for the original purchaser.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What sort of warranty accompanies these 1911s in the unfortunate event the need arises?

That's pretty awesome.

BTW:  Thanks for stopping in here to answer questions.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 3:04:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys take so much of my money already and now I'm interested in one of your 1911s.

I've been  a satisfied PSA customer for quite some time.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:01:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks nice- good price point too.
I'd like to see one in the wild.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top