Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2015 9:16:08 AM EDT
I almost bought a Para, but with their troubles, I didn't?  I've never owned a Springer pistol but I have fired a few and liked them.  I'm seriously considering a new Springer lightweight champion Range Officer in 4".  Mostly for the range and as a vehicle weapon.  Does anyone have any comments on the pistol, pro or com?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:18:18 AM EDT
[#1]
haven't shot that pistol in particular but the company is great. and I believer they are giving lifetime warranty on their pistol
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:26:26 AM EDT
[#2]
SA has the best warranty, Para has the worst.

I have both brands in the safe, the paras are pretty much my competition guns for uspsa.
The springers get IDPA and CCW.
I got a RO compact last year and like it.  A lot.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:33:32 AM EDT
[#3]
For a range (maj) / vech (min) gun I would go with the full size version.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:38:47 PM EDT
[#4]
" />

I love mine OP.

I picked it up because I like commander sized 1911's, & I wanted a serious CCW pistol. I havent had it very long, but so far It has been flawless. Accurate, reliable & easy to conceal & carry.

Plus SA costumer service is hard to beat from what I hear!
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:01:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://<a href=http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa395/atram6/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-04/C4D723E8-F1EF-4DC5-81E0-8DFA9C3261AB.jpg</a>" />

I love mine OP.

I picked it up because I like commander sized 1911's, & I wanted a serious CCW pistol. I havent had it very long, but so far It has been flawless. Accurate, reliable & easy to conceal & carry.

Plus SA costumer service is hard to beat from what I hear!
View Quote

I really want a compact to go with my full size. I keep looking at higher end 1911s and I keep shooting my RO. I have higher priorities than another handgun.

OP, my standard 5" RO is awesome. I put some lighter springs in it all around and the trigger pull is amazing, it shoots amazingly, handles amazingly, damn. I love that gun. It gets shot way more than any other gun I own.

I convinced my uncle he needs a 1911 since he hasn't had one in ages. He has been buying Sigs lately. He found a TRP for just under $1100 from a gun shop that is closing out and would rather have my RO.

I need to order some parts and do some work on his and he will like it, but after shooting a 1911 with a full rail I would rather have one without. Any way you go with Springfield you can't go wrong.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top