Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2013 9:54:35 AM EDT
I just got the wifes 1911 in yesterday. After the first time disassembly it took us some coaxing, which we found to be normal, to getthe slide past the plunger lever. After finally getting the Sig put back together and doing a functions check we decided to give it a second go; familiarity and all. This is where the hulk muscles come in, I bent the plunger lever.

Research tells me I have an 80 series plunger lever, will the Colt plunger lever (2.99 on Midwayusa) drop in my 1911?  I want to get her present fixed before Christmas and I feel like quite the jerk.

Having trouble linking on the iphone this afternoon.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 10:24:57 AM EDT
[#1]
The parts LOOK the same as Colt, but I'd be doubtful that they will interchange.  The Series 80 safety system requires that the levers be exact, and a Sig is not a Colt.

I'd recommend going direct to Sig and ordering the part.  That way there's no doubt about it fitting correctly.
You'll have to contact them for availability, they don't appear to show parts on their site.
The parts contact number is 603-772-2302:

http://sigsauer.com/SigStore/Default.aspx
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 10:41:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Noted.

I will hold out for Monday to call Sig. Thank you, I'm new to 1911's (if it isn't apparent) and wasn't quite sure if the platform is as interchangeable as the AR.

Thank you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top