Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2013 6:44:32 PM EDT
Saw one at a local gun shop, I really liked it, I want to buy it but i would like you guys to give me your input, before i buy it. price would be close to $1,100

This would be my second pistol, I plan on CC, i am Currently carrying a Bersa 380 Thunder, and although the Remington is larger and heavier it has a thinner profile  so I don't expect it to be that much more difficult to CC.

i like the aesthetics and It has some pretty decent reviews.

Anybody here have one or has anything to say about this model (positive or Negative)?

PS.  don't recommend another caliber or model please I'm  set on getting a 1911, i am open to suggestions on brands however, budget is no more than $1,200

Thanks Guys

Link Posted: 10/19/2013 7:08:30 PM EDT
[#1]
there are better choices in that price range. If you gather up a few hundred more your options open up a lot more but those are decisions you need to make and not decide from others opinions. spend a couple hours on line looking and then find some shops with a few and handle them in person. the first one is the hardest decision and after that you feel like you have to get all of them. I am up to 20 1911s and the end is no where in sight.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 7:13:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't buy it. Much better guns out there for very close to the same money or just a little more. Look at a STI Trojan, Springfield TRP or trophy match.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 7:21:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't buy it. Much better guns out there for very close to the same money or just a little more. Look at a STI Trojan, Springfield TRP or trophy match.
View Quote

The front serrations are a deal breaker.

The Springfield Range Officer looks to be a excellent gun for under a grand.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 7:29:05 PM EDT
[#4]
love my sti trojan and spartan.

hell the spartan is 6 bills and is as nicely fitted and shoots just as nice as the trojan.

Id recommend a spartan and throw some night sights on it.

Link Posted: 10/19/2013 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#5]
guys thanks for the replies,

I love the TRP, I still have a few more weeks to think about it.

But unfortunately my budget wont me much bigger
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 8:45:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I haven't handled a stainless but all I haven't been impressed with any of the R1s I've handled.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 3:24:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Look into the S&W E Series 1911s, they are well within your price range and excellent pistols for the money.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Ok guys, after thinking about it for a few more days, web research, shopping around at my LGS, and handling some other 1911's
I went back to the store where i first saw it, I asked about the price and he said he would work with me at  >$800 , <$900 not the $1,200 I had originally stated

*Newb Alert!!!*
(I dont know the model specifics of the kimber and springfield....)

Of all the guns I handled It was pretty close to the top as far as fit and finish, I saw one Springfield armory that was beautiful for about the same price in blued steel  and a Kimber for about $1,200 that was very nice as well, the only thing I didn't like about the Remmington compared to the other two was the trigger, it was kinda wobbly on the R1, but nice and tight with the other two.
The sights on the other two guns were trijicon night sights, which seemed a little more robust for CC than the fiber optic red dot on the R1.
The grips on the Springfield were wood with double diamonds and logo, they were beautiful and felt extremely comfortable, it was very pleasant to hold compared to the Remmington grips which felt very aggressive, but thats a simple fix

So I made up my mind for the moment, (I guess when I have all the $$$ together Ill shop around a bit more for good measure ) on the Remmingrton R1 enhanced SS...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top