Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2012 6:54:55 AM EDT
picked up 4 47d on the EE board with standard basepads. Thought they would work in my SR1911 with S&A magwell but they are just a bit short. So looking on the WC site they have have extended plastic pads and standard plastic pads. but the standard plastics look longer than the standard metal (what i have)

Can someone explain what i need?

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:30:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
picked up 4 47d on the EE board with standard basepads. Thought they would work in my SR1911 with S&A magwell but they are just a bit short. So looking on the WC site they have have extended plastic pads and standard plastic pads. but the standard plastics look longer than the standard metal (what i have)

The metal baseplates are "low profile" baseplates.

Not sure what you're looking for - but the stardard plastic baseplates will work with the S&A magwell.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:47:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Been a while, but the .350 (std plastic ht) should work. I know the .625 work.

measure how much you need then measure the thickness of your basepad and then you will know.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:51:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know how long the S&A magwell is, but the .350 pads work fine with my Sig Tac Ops w/extended magwell. I use both Wilson 47 and 47D mags with that gun.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:26:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

If the below picture explains the problem, a file or sandpaper is what you need...

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:15:50 PM EDT
[#5]
thx for the help guys. i figured out the problem. The ones i got on ebay were the low profile steel. seller had them titled wrong. so they are on the EE here now. ordering the standard plastic pads now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top