Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2012 12:56:40 AM EDT
I acquired a first gen aegis ii. Now I say first gen b/c it has a bobbed hammer and is not called the "ultra" like it's new aged brother. Anyone know about these pistols? Or even what they sell for?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 6:14:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Ones I've seen have been circa $1200.
Link Posted: 9/21/2012 7:03:14 AM EDT
[#2]
While I wish you luck, I've been burned by a couple of less than full size. Nothing for me but govt. size.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 10:32:16 PM EDT
[#3]
DW ECO

Link Posted: 9/29/2012 10:13:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a full size Aegis and totally love it , though I do hate the thumb safety that comes on them .

But with that being said for a carry gun I would get the CDP (in an ultra if that is the size you like) , I have a full size one for EDC.

If you are intending to do more range shooting than carrying it and just have to have a Ultra, I would suggest a Eclipse Ultra since it has a steel frame in place of the aluminum.
The extra weight will help tame the recoil some

I am like one of the posters above where as I only buy the full size models , but have a lot of friend swear by the Ultras.
Link Posted: 9/29/2012 12:13:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I am a Kimber fan. I currently only have 2 in my 1911 family. At one time I had 5 kimbers. Currently have a Stainless Ultra Carry II and a Custom Covert II. I did at one time own an early model Aegis. I really liked it. Shot and handled very well. I sold it about 3 years ago in 95%+ shape for $1100.00. Now I would value it around $1200 to $1300. You picked up a very nice 1911. Can you post a pic of it? Would like to see it. Might be able to give you a good estimate on what you might get for it, if you decided to sell or trade.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 8:21:29 PM EDT
[#6]
None of those.  If I had $1500 to drop on a carry piece I would buy a Dan Wesson CCO and not look back.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 5:36:20 AM EDT
[#7]
None of the above.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 4:19:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Colt CCO
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:08:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Daw Wesson ECO.

Had an ultra comp Kimber, it didn't run.
Have an ECO, it runs.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 1:57:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Daw Wesson ECO.

Had an ultra comp Kimber, it didn't run.
Have an ECO, it runs.

Ultra Comp Kimber didn't run? Really. I've never had an issue with a kimber, I've owned a dozen or so. I know that my compact Kimbers are and were picky with what mag your running. I run the Kimber mags or the Chip McCormick power mag's. They dont like GI issue or Wilson mags. DW ECO's are very nice. Would drop on that if I had the cash <––––- (That coming from a Kimber fan). I've shot one, very smooth and easy to control.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 5:35:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I like my Colt 1991 Compact just fine for 1/3 of your budget.  Leaves you some money for customization once you carry for a bit and develop your likes and dislikes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top