Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2012 4:57:51 AM EDT
So I picked up a Springfield Micro Compact Operator this week.  The gun doesn't look like it's been shot more than a few times at most.  The problem is that the slide is crazy hard to pull back.  Even if I pull the hammer back first, the slide is crazy stiff.  I guess i'm just asking if this is normal.  The only other 1911 I have any experience with is my Taurus pt 1911, and it's slide is fairly easy to pull back.  I did notice that the slide on the SA is way tighter of a fit than the Taurus is.  I'm hoping that the slide being so tight is something that will work itself out after I shoot it a bit?  I went out this week and put 20-30 rounds down it (shot till it got dark after work) and they all cycled fine.  Well I say they all cycled fine, my dad shot it and the slide wouldn't completely go all the way back forward when he did it but he admitted he was limp wristing it because he wanted better aim?  Once he put a proper hold on the gun it didn't have any more issues.

So is said slide tightness just normal, or do I need to start looking at warranty work?

Also, I'm not the first owner of said gun but the guy didn't send in his loaded coupon, anyone have any ideas if they would still accept it? I know it says 90 days or something but it doesn't ask for a date of purchase or a receipt or anything.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:04:07 AM EDT
[#1]
If it functions why worry about it?  A lot of people pay extra to get a nice tight fit like that.  Oil the hell out of it and keep shooting it and it'll smooth out nicely.  As for the warranty work They have never asked me, I'm pretty sure they warranty the gun and not the owner.

I took my TRP out yesterday and it shoots 4" high from a rest, I called SA when I got home and they sent a call tag to pick it up.  I am the second owner and told Vickie that, she said it didn't matter they would fix it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:08:50 AM EDT
[#2]
A micro compact will have a much stiffer recoil spring that a 5 inch gun.

a-bare
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:22:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
A micro compact will have a much stiffer recoil spring that a 5 inch gun.

a-bare

This was what I was looking for.  I had assumed that it was something like this, but my googlefu is horrible.  I wasn't to worried about it after I went and shot it and didn't have any issues, but I just wanted a little reassurance I guess.

Thanks guys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top