Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2010 5:37:07 AM EDT
Do any of the fine 1911 fans have a Les Baer Ultimate Recon?  Looks like a nice rail gun.  I parted ways with my last rail gun and am on the hunt.

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:05:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Anybody?
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:16:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I like that one and the Ed Brown
" />
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:18:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Theres a guy over on the 1911 forums that just got one. Looks pretty nice even though Im not a big fan of cast frames.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:50:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Theres a guy over on the 1911 forums that just got one. Looks pretty nice even though Im not a big fan of cast frames.

Yeah, but its the only bear gun with an integral rail.....the others are all an after thought.

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:16:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but its the only bear gun with an integral rail.....the others are all an after thought.

I dont know what that means exactly. Also Im sure theres probably nothing wrong with cast, but if theres a forged option available Id always take that route. Just personal preference. Just like I wont buy stainless guns anymore either.

I did like the Brown, the price, the possibility of getting it done in carbon and the way it was machined. Then they started doing a cut on the frame that wasnt in the catalog so I just decided on the Pro. All the ones I looked at, were all the same level of quality, prices were close enough not to matter. It all came down to looks for me in the end.

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:25:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont know what that means exactly.

This does not look like a rail gun should look.

http://lesbaer.com/TRS-HD.html
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:40:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Looked at the Springfield Pro Operator?
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:24:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll take my TRS with a Dawson Precision afterthought rail any day of the week - if anything I'd suppose that this is a superior setup (can run it concealed in my VM-II, add an X300 or Surefire Military light)
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 9:26:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll take my TRS with a Dawson Precision afterthought rail any day of the week

+1
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 3:39:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

+1

I saw it on Baer's site and got kind of excited until I saw it was a cast frame from some other manufacturer.

If I'm buying a Baer, I don't want Caspian parts on it, IMO. Even with as good as they may be, when forged is an alternative, forged is my choice.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 6:08:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes, would be nice......but there are so few, available for sale, out there.......might as well get a brown special forces or a nighthawk GRP recon.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 6:15:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Do any of the fine 1911 fans have a Les Baer Ultimate Recon?  Looks like a nice rail gun.  I parted ways with my last rail gun and am on the hunt.

http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/3817/recon.jpg

Why does the frame say Caspian?  I thought Baer did their own frames?
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 6:50:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/3817/recon.jpg

Why does the frame say Caspian?  I thought Baer did their own frames?

They do make their own frames.  The UR seems to be the only one that doesnt say "Bear Steel NM Frame."  Maybe they dont have the tooling to do their own machined steel light rail frame.....or just dont think its a need.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top