Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2010 6:11:10 PM EDT
I had posted a couple of days ago looking at a LWT commander but just found the new LWT XSE Gov on gunbroker at about the same price with the features I want.  I would rather have a blued pistol anyway.
Any of you all bought one of these or been able to handle one?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/17/2010 8:46:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/18/2010 8:59:50 AM EDT
[#2]
EDIT: Oops, I thought you were talking about the commander. Read on if you care about the commander version.

Colt alloy XSE in .45 - You have found my EDC. What exactly are you asking? My copy had dust cover rub and a stuck grip screw so I sent it back to Colt and they fixed it. It has never had a malfunction with ball or reload in approx 700 rounds. I have put 50 Ranger 230 HP through it with no issue.

My only real complaint is that the edges are sharp and the front serrations are wicked. Those front serrations are hard on leather.

If you really want a blue version, I would suggest the S&W 1911PD. I can say everything I just said about the XSE except the S&W does not have such nasty front serrations.
Link Posted: 10/18/2010 10:29:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I came this >.< close to buying one of the .gov's at the gun show but I did bring home a pony

They had the standard XSE and the light weight laying next to each other at the show and there was some very noticeable differences in weight. They both had a nice finish and fitted well ... no super sharp edges ... they're nice. But something about those LWT ... I just can't seem to pull the trigger on buying one ... something about feeling the weight of the standard full frame 1911 just says buy me, shoot me and life will be good ... and I just don't get that fuzzy feeling from the LWT. YMMV
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:57:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies.  Anyone else had experience with the Gov lwt?
Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top