Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2010 12:59:12 PM EDT
Who makes 'em, if anybody?  Anyone own one or have experience with one?

Checked Colt and SA websites and didn't find anything.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 1:05:06 PM EDT
[#1]
how about rock Island armory
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 1:27:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 2:01:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Colt use to offer the Commander & Combat Commander in .38 super. They're hard to find and pricey when you do.

$1895 Commander

$1095 Combat Commander

Thanks SGB.  Any current production (aka cheaper) ones other than RIA as suggested above?  I'm guessing not.

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 2:05:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 2:21:00 PM EDT
[#5]
there is recent production of colts lw 38 super commanders.
the last one I saw sell nib went for 890 I think. something around there.

if they don't make them anymore, they have made them within the last 2 years since I remember thinking about picking one up to turn in to a 9mm gun.
And I have only gotten to go to a couple of shows in recent history.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:42:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Kimber has a commander sized gun in stainless.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:15:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:07:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Im sure a custom shop such as Wilson and others would build whatever you want...for a price.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:10:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Some guy traded a Wilson Arms Stainless Commander in 38super at my friends gunshop. It has all the bells and whistles and is a real work of art. It has a hefty price tag but I would think it is worth it if you can afford the very best.

Does Wilson offer "stock" models or are they all built to order?
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:50:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Some guy traded a Wilson Arms Stainless Commander in 38super at my friends gunshop. It has all the bells and whistles and is a real work of art. It has a hefty price tag but I would think it is worth it if you can afford the very best.

Does Wilson offer "stock" models or are they all built to order?

They have stock models but for the kind of coin you would dro it only makes sense to have a few things added or deleted. leaving cocking serrations or roll marks off usually costs nothing.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:33:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Colt must have recently dropped the XSE Lightweight Commander in .38 Super. It used to be on their website, and I've seen one within the last year at an FFL in my area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top