Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 7:39:52 PM EDT
I've been able to find magazines for my little Polish P64 Makarov, It was a pain but alas I have found them.  Does anyone know of a good site for other things for my little P64.  Barrels, grips, anything else someone can think of.

Makarov.com is nice, but they have nothing for the P64, why is this????

Sorry I don't have any photos to post but I will soon.  He's such a cute little guy easily concealable but very capable.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:43:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I've been able to find magazines for my little Polish P64 Makarov, It was a pain but alas I have found them.  Does anyone know of a good site for other things for my little P64.  Barrels, grips, anything else someone can think of.

Makarov.com is nice, but they have nothing for the P64, why is this????

Sorry I don't have any photos to post but I will soon.  He's such a cute little guy easily concealable but very capable.  

They talk about them quite a bit on these forums:

Gunboards Makarov Forum
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:56:41 AM EDT
[#2]
The excerpt is from another site on how to dramatically improve the trigger pull on the little pole.  I have done it to two P64's and WOOOO what a differencehe
Improving the p-64
Yes, I have found an improvement to the polish p-64 pistol to make the double action trigger pull much more manageable. One small note, the p-64 does shoot the 9x18 ammunition which is often called 9mm makarov, but the p-64 is not a makarov pistol.

Some people are removing the mainspring and cutting it shorter, but a better way I have found is to replace the mainspring with a lighter one.

I have found out that the mainspring from a walther ppk is longer, but close enough in diameter to function in the p-64 pistol.

I ordered the wolf gunsprings
http://www.gunsprings.com/
walther ppk HAMMER SPRING PAK Stock No. 26592.

I ended up using the 17lb spring.

First I double checked the pistol was unloaded and empty, and I field striped the pistol by removing the magazine, slide, and recoil spring. Disassembly was very easy; I unscrewed the grip screw, and pried off the grips (they seemed to be wedged in to the frame, a little encouragement with a flat screwdriver helped). I pushed out the drift pin at the bottom of the hammer spring guide rod out (I actually used a toothpick) and had a Tupperware container to catch both the spring and guide rod when the pin was removed. The wolf walther ppk hammer spring was longer than the p-64 hammer spring so I used a pair of wire cutters to cut the wolf walther ppk hammer spring to 1 1/2 rotation longer than the p-64 spring (I always cut longer, its hard to add later). Replacing the mainspring guide rod with the new spring on it was easier than I had thought, I was able to hold the guide rod in place with one hand and insert the drift pin with the other. I replaced the grips and after checking yet again that the pistol was clear, dry fired the pistol. The improvement to the double action was amazing; it went from a 25-30lb trigger pull, to something very manageable. I have yet to put a poundage number to it, but it’s about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds heavier than my friend’s Bulgarian makarov.

I have test fired with Silver Bear and Norinko ammunition and have had no problems with 300 rounds of ammo.

I am not a licensed gunsmith. Any changes you make on any firearm have the possibility of making that firearm dangerous or illegal. I recommend any improvements be checked over through a licensed gunsmith before test firing.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top