Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2003 2:47:27 PM EDT
Bought a P38/P1 a couple months ago. Finally got to shoot it over the week end. Mag acts like the spring is too week. Round to be chambered is almost 90 degrees to the chamber, while rounds still in mag have their noses down. Are the springs notoriously week?

Help! Really like this gun. Accurate and fun.

glimmerman68
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 10:12:53 PM EDT
[#1]
AFAIK, there's no "rep" on their mag or springs. That's not to say that yours may be a bit weak or out of wack.

Mec-Gar makes wonderful replacement mags. I use one in my Luger. Wolfe also makes replacement springs.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 8:44:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info Bob. I'll try a Mec-Gar mag.

gm

Link Posted: 8/26/2003 6:19:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm running MecGars in my BYF 42. HIGHLY reccomended, second only to Walther "Banner" mags.

Meplat-
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 4:48:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Funny thing is, it is a "bannar" mag.

Link Posted: 8/27/2003 12:23:51 PM EDT
[#5]
You may try taking the mag apart and cleaning it.  Those P-1's have been in stoarge for several years and the mags may have picked up some crud.

For what its worth both of the mags I got with mine work without a hitch.  

Neat guns.

Also what kind of ammo were you shooting?  The gun was desgined around standard FMJ loads.  Cast lead or HPs may be hit or miss.  

Link Posted: 8/27/2003 2:09:14 PM EDT
[#6]
They are cool. I was using UMC 115 Gr FMJ. I take it you have to push that little button in on the bottom to take the mag apart?

Link Posted: 8/29/2003 5:38:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep.  Be careful tho, the guts of the mag can come out with some force.  If you're not careful you may be fishing mag parts out of your anatomy.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top