Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2009 1:39:32 PM EDT
My son recently purchased a used C745 LDA. It is commander sized, SS, a single stack and has a VERY nice trigger. I have been a 1911 user/shooter for about 15 years but have little or no experience/knowledge with the LDA trigger.

I seem to recall reading about a problem several years ago wherein if the user rammed home a mag. it was possible to bend/wreck the trigger bar, making the gun inoperable. I have advised my son to go easy when making fast mag. changes.

The gun shoots great, however the previous owner probably never field stripped it for a through cleaning, which we have done. It was quite dirty.

If there are any here that have had experience with the LDA or this particular gun please advise if there are any quirks or special problems we should watch for or be aware of.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate any assistance.
Link Posted: 2/13/2009 2:51:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump...no one have any advice or experience with this gun?
Link Posted: 3/15/2009 5:32:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, a little late on a reply, but I'll give it a try.....

I have not heard of the possible issues w/ the LDA..... though I own 3 LDA's in the hi-cap frames.  I have not personally experienced any trigger related malfunctions due to magazine swaps and I usually slap them in HARD.  I had a 7-45 LDA but I traded that for a sweet deal in reloading equipment......
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 12:53:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks....I'll pass that along to the son. so far he has had no issues, and likes the gun a lot.
Link Posted: 3/19/2009 9:51:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I have owned one for over 5 years and put about 4000 rounds thru it. The only thing I ever did to it was replace the recoil spring. I also never had anykind of trouble with performing mag reloads and then having trouble with the LDA trigger –– mine works fine.
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 11:46:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Yup, the LDA was getting 'strange looks' when it first came out.  But after all these years, it has proven itself to be reliable.  The reason I like it is, I'm LOVE the 1911, but the trigger is what I didn't like.  I also love Glocks (again, I liked the trigger).  I don't like double action only (and hate the double action triggers...hard pull).  So the LDA was a natural for me to buy.....

I'm latest project will be to get a 357 Sig barrel and 10mm barrel for my 40 SW LDA (hi cap)......   I had a 38 Super barrel set up for my 9mm LDA  Toyed w/ the idea of a 40 Super for the 45 platform...but prob. not.  Can't buy 40 super that easy at the local gun store.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:42:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought one used and abused a few years ago. It has been a nice pistol so far. The only issue I had was the guide rod would loosen up after shooting. I called Para and in a few days I had a new one for free. It is a slighlty different style than the one that was in the pistol originally. Nice to know they took care of me for free and hassle free.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:13:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Again, thanks guys. I'll pass along this info. to my son.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top