Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2004 9:01:12 AM EDT
Interested in buying. Heard it has no slide lock on empty though. Also heard pins can walk on you.
Any input?
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 12:16:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:11:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I heard not, but try KTOG.  The gang there is generally  honest about kel-tex strengths and weaknesses.  Just don't be alarmed when they tell you to get fluffed and buffed.     Thats KTOG lingo for lightly sanding a few edges and parts.  

Link Posted: 5/3/2004 7:03:59 PM EDT
[#3]
ktog

and go to the bulletin board

I own the 32 and love it!  the 32 does have the slide lock on last round
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:48:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I heard the 380 does not lock back on the last round.  It was one of the main reasons I went with the 32.  The other reason being that the 380 has almost no acessories, but the 32 has a ton of them.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 2:27:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I heard the 380 does not lock back on the last round.  It was one of the main reasons I went with the 32.  The other reason being that the 380 has almost no acessories, but the 32 has a ton of them.

Ok maybe it's just me but what the hell does it matter  how many bells and whistles it has when you're talking about a pocket gun  which really should be a back up... you're talking about a gun that retails for under  $390. I carry a kel-tec 380 in my striker plate pocket on my vest  with an affixed lanard. The county above me  tortured tested them and they  passed  just fine.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:16:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I took mine out for the first time last weekend. It does indeed lack a slide lock. The sights are, shall we say, minimal. It did, however function flawlessly through 100 rounds. As I understanf, the pin walking issue has been resolved on later models, but others are right in saying ktog will have the latest info. For a no frills little pocket gun, it seems just fine to me.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 4:21:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Mine has proven to be a excellent and reliable weapon, especially for what it is made to be.
There is no slide lock, but in a pocket auto I really don't think that is all that big an issue,
remember it is nothing more than self defense weapon, and not a competition/tactical piece.
After about 300 rounds through mine I have had 1 FTF, and that was due to me hitting the
magazine release with my thumb during recoil.
I personally like the 380 over the 32 for stopping power.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:35:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I've fired both the .32 and .380 and currently own the 9mm as my off duty gun.  I found that the .32 was significantly more accurate, making up for the marginal difference in power, last round hold open is less important to me on a backup pistol.  What I did find however was that at 7 yards I could put three rounds making a shamrock at point of aim with the .32
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:29:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I have carried allot of pistols and shot allot of animals.
The amazing thing is how agravatingly heavy most pistols are, and how agravatinly difficult most animals are to stop fast.

It takes extreme measures to meet both of these constraints, and and the P32 in my pocket will get dislodged by a P3AT, as soon as one dislodges the cash in my pocket.

If I were in a heavy threat situation, I would open carry a Glock 22 and a couple extra mags, but the years go by, and no threats do I see.

Hell, if I were in a heavy threat situation, I would travel with buddies all carrying AR15s.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top