Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2009 7:39:37 AM EDT
My BIL has a para ordnance P12 I think is the model, its a single action double stack about the size of an officers model. He has 5 factory mags and was thinking of selling it for $300 if I want it. Dont know anything about the para line of pistols, just wondering if it would be worth it. He has shot the pistol a lot, probably 2k he estimated, and he bought it used.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:44:58 AM EDT
[#1]
The factory mags are what will make or break that deal, those mags are kind of expensive, if the gun shoots well and isnt Loose and is accurate it doesnt sound like a bad deal, esp off paper, etc.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 8:25:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats what I was kinda thinkiing, that if nothing else it is a few hands off paper. Also, personally not a huge fan of the 1911, but dont these pistols have a single piece feed ramp? And according to him the mags are all highcap factory mags. Also, he has some kind of holster for it, he wasnt sure what kind as it came with the pistol and he has never used it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 9:11:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I think that's a damn good deal, if it's in good shape.

Alot of the newer Para guns are crap.  The LDA system is crap, I feel.

This is an older one, it's single-action....................you've shot it, right?  Or seen it bein' shot?  If so, and it has a couple thousand rounds through it, you know it's reliable.

Sounds like a great deal to me, especially if all 5 of those mags are factory mags.

Go for it.  I would.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 9:50:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I think that's a damn good deal, if it's in good shape.

Alot of the newer Para guns are crap.  The LDA system is crap, I feel.

This is an older one, it's single-action....................you've shot it, right?  Or seen it bein' shot?  If so, and it has a couple thousand rounds through it, you know it's reliable.

Sounds like a great deal to me, especially if all 5 of those mags are factory mags.

Go for it.  I would.

Havent shot it, I will be able to shoot it before I buy it. He bought a springfield milspec awhile back and hasnt shot it since. He has short fingers and doesnt fit his hands too well and he has seen another pistol he wants, the FN polymer pistol in .45

I just told him I was gonna be looking soon for a carry gun and he mentioned it. I will get to shoot it in the next few weeks, thanks all the input.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 5:57:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Right on.  I'm assuming he's the kind of friend that's a GOOD friend, right?  If it's a friend you know well and trust, and he tells you those 2,000 rnds he put through it went reliably, good deal.  Obviously you're gonna want to shoot it anyway, to get the "feel" of it, of course.

I'm surprised more folks haven't chimed in on this one.  It seems like a heck of a deal to me, if it's in any kind of good shape.
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 4:48:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Dont know much about the para ordance line of pistols. He got a good deal years ago from a guy he worked with, he needs to sell something to buy the FNP, and its down to his para or his full size springfield armory 1911. The thing he doesnt like about it, beside the wide ass grip, someone replaced the mag release with a huge aftermarket one.

We will see.
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 4:53:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I had a Para P12.  It was pretty accurate and was reliable.  The grips are on the fat side though.  $300 with 5 factory mags is a smoking deal.  I got out of 45acp 3 years ago due to consolidate my handgun caliber too.  Since then, I've added a 22lr and 32acp.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top