Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2002 6:37:46 PM EDT
I saw somewhere here over the last few days that someone had taken a poll on what was the most popular way to carry concealed carry pistols.  I didn't even see the two options that I use most often, the pocket(for pretty small pistols like S&W Airweight, or Kahr MK-40) and the low-slung, jock-strap-looking undergarment holster(for just about any size gun from ]www.smartcarry.com] When you wear a dress shirt(tucked in neatly) & tie, with dress slacks(no coat) most of the time, there is nothing else that conceals this well, yet gives you instant access like these two options.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 6:42:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Musicman,youcan get an MK40 in your pocket?

I take it you have one.  How do you like it?  I have been debating the Kahr vs. a G27.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 6:51:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm still in the lusting stage for the MK-40, I don't quite have it in my grubby hands yet.  My wife has a Kahr P9 though which is the same width but 1/2" taller, and almost 3/4" longer and I could carry that one in my pocket.  So I don't expect any problems carrying the MK-40 although it does weigh 6-7 oz. more(no polymer).  Although I love Glocks(I have a 20 with 15 capacity magazines) I am really stricly looking for the smallest concealed weapon I can find in a large caliber like .40  The Glock 27 is about the same height, but is thicker and 1" longer(slide).
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 6:55:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a prejudice in favor of the Glock because I own one, and have owned others, but looking at the Kahr side by side with the Glock makes the Glock look quite chunky.

If you beat me to the purchase please post a review.

I might be awile -- am presently saving my pennies (literally) for an AR10T.

Later.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 7:29:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Sure thing, HiCap.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I carry a full-size Glock in a Comp-Tac Shirt Tucker. Never been made.

www.comp-tac.com
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 7:48:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow! Looking at the type of holster, there's no way you can have your shirt tucked in tight is there?  If so, it would be tucked over your gun hindering its access.  Unless of course you're talking about wearing some type of coat or jacket.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 7:54:20 PM EDT
[#7]
The shirt tucks between the holster and inside of the pants. Generally, effectiveness of concealment is inversely proportional to speed of presentation. However, practice can improve presentation time.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 9:39:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Glock 26 with a galco dc286...
shirt tucked in..belt on..haven't been made ..
Won't work if you have a gut tho..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top