Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2003 11:21:53 AM EDT
Went to the George Brown Gun Show this weekend and saw a Beretta Stampede in .45 Long Colt.

It sure was a fine looking piece, well finished, and high quality as far as I could tell.

Do any of you have one and can you give me any feedback before I buy one?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:59:03 AM EDT
[#1]
They look great, transfer bar safety so not a true "clone" of the SAA. I am looking at picking up a 4 3/4" model maybe this weekend. Trying to talk myself into the deluxe I love that charcoal blue finish.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 2:47:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, ANGST.  With all the looks and no replies, I was about to decide that no one had even heard of these guns.

I saw a regular model, with the plastic grips, and the fit and finish on it were great.  I bet the high grade ones must look even better.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 2:55:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 3:00:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Painless,
How much are they going for?  I beleive they will probably be higher quality than the Ruger Vaguero, but I would still think they may be a hard sell against the Vaquero.  I like the idea of a transfer bar system.  It would make it a better carry gun in the woods, IMHO. I take it the Beretta, is the same size as the original colts?  That is one thing, I am not too fond of the Vaquero, but the bonus of hot .44s and suped up .45lcs is nice too.

The Beretta sure is a nice looking gun.  I've only seen pictures of the polished? Chrome?Stainless?  
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:51:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Painless,
How much are they going for?  I beleive they will probably be higher quality than the Ruger Vaguero, but I would still think they may be a hard sell against the Vaquero.  I like the idea of a transfer bar system.  It would make it a better carry gun in the woods, IMHO. I take it the Beretta, is the same size as the original colts?  That is one thing, I am not too fond of the Vaquero, but the bonus of hot .44s and suped up .45lcs is nice too.

The Beretta sure is a nice looking gun.  I've only seen pictures of the polished? Chrome?Stainless?  

The come in Nickle, Blued, and Deluxe (deluxe has walnut grips and a charcoal blue finish that is actually a blue color)

Barrel length of 4 3/4" , 5 1/2" , and 7"

Calibers .357 , .44-40 , .45 colt

"Street price" Blue/Nickle/Deluxe of about $360 , $450 , $510 ish.

With the standard blue with the black polymer (looks like the cold hard rubber) @ $360 I am finding it hard to convince myself to go deluxe for $150 more, but its so damn pretty :)

I have seen the deluxe going for $466 on gunbroker, so if I can get the price under $500 I may buy one tomarrow. I think the gunshow dealer is askin 539 for it, but his price tag says "We love to match prices"
Top Top