Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2003 3:42:11 PM EDT
has anyone owned one of these SIG manufactured guns?  SOG has them for $319  NIB and i was thinking about getting one.  ive heard some stories about the lug on the barrel needing excessive lube but dont know for sure.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 7:37:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one in 45 and other than the bulky grip, I have no complaints. No ftf's or jams.

I'm not a big fan of DA only, but the trigger is not bad. I've seen complaints about the safety location, but it hasn't been an issue for me. You just have to be familiar with it...
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 11:48:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I never shot one, but looked extensively at one (meaning I handled it at the gunshop) and actually kinda liked it and leaned toward it as a CCW gun, until I looked at and decided to get a SIG P239. Drawbacks were the rotating barrel lug (not many people in three different gunshops were too enthusiastic about the Mauser OR the Beretta setup) and too many bells and whistles (the one I looked at had mag safety, loaded chamber indicator, etc). Believe me, I had the money for either the SIG or the Mauser, the Mauser was less expensive and felt great in my hand, but I chose to go with a more proven design. BTW, a guy at one of the gunshops said he'd tried one and it was VERY accurate right out of the box.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 11:51:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Like Rusty said they function with anything put in them. The grip and DAO trigger is something to get use to but it ain't bad.

The accuracy out of mine runs 16 rounds in a 5" group at 25 yds / Handgun rest. The M2 is a good handgun which I feel has been over looked.

On a side note the lube the lug thing is B.S.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top