Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2003 10:33:49 AM EDT
Any opinions??? I have been thinking of getting one, and I found one at the right price (350), so it's time to sh*t or get off the pot. Also, any high caps that fit these?? It's a 40 btw. Thanks for any info! Also, I think the slide on these is stainless that is phos. coated like all other sig pistols correct?
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:20:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I had one chambered in .357 SIG for a few months but ended up trading it for a Glock 31. I didn't care for the short butt and even with the finger rest on the mag it seemed short. It was nice and tight for the first couple hundreds of rounds but then got loose. Mine had the blued finish which showed a lot of wear right away. Not sure if it was stainless underneath or not. The only hi caps are 12 round LEO. I don't mind polymer pistols but I just didn't care for this one. That said $350 is a decent price to try it out because you should be able to get that for it later if you want to sell it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 1:42:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Had one, sold it to buy a Glock 35, sold it to buy a Springfield Armory XD40. Have no intention of selling the XD. I can hit what I aim at with the XD.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 3:00:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Had both the 2340 and a 2009. The 2340 had both the 40S&W and the 357SiG barrels. Found a couple wheelguns so traded both off. The SiGPros were good guns and everybit as accurate and reliable as my other SiGs, but couoldn't pass up a chance to trade a bottom feeder for a wheelgun.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 12:32:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got a 2340 in .40, I'm pleased with it. Certainly not my carry gun though. If you've had your eye on getting one, $350 is a good incentive.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 10:06:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I've had mine for 4 yrs. and put a lot of rounds through it in that time.  It has functioned flawlessly, is very acurate, and has held up well.  I also have the .357 drop-in barrel.
I paid $499 when I bought it, so $350 is a decent price.  I see the new ones in the gun stores for around $400 to $450 in this area (Oregon).
If you like the way it fits your hand, it should be a good acquisition.  I won't part with mine.  I've traded away Glocks for other handguns, but I won't trade my SigPro 2340!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top