Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2003 7:45:02 AM EDT
Does anyone have any info on the reliability of this little hideout piece?  They look like a beefier Seecamp, but I'm not going to bet my life on looks.  Is it a Silvertip-only pistol like the Seecamp?
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 3:07:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I picked up a .32 this last spring to use as a pocket gun over the summer.  I test fired all 3 of the big names out right now, Seecamp, the Guardian, and the Beretta Tomcat.  In the end the Beretta won hands down.  I think the big thing that makes me like it so much is the fact that I can carry it hammer down, fire the first round double action, and it's single action from there on out.  (ALOT of creep, but once you get used to it... It's no big deal.)  For us "1911" lovers this is a big deal and you might not care.  I run the Cor-bon stuff through mine with no problems.  The gun, does not, however, like cheap aftermarket mags.  Functions like a champ with stock Beretta mags though.

I know it's not really what you asked... But somethin to consider...
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 9:53:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one and have been happy with its reliability and it has eat everything I have fed it.  I have heard of reports of the mag dropping free from recoil when using the optional 10 round mag but I have the reg capacity mag and have not experienced this.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 6:30:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one and like it very much -- very reliable -- shoots anything -- I miss it (wife stole it from me).  Also, consider the 380 (which was the .32's replacement for me).

Link Posted: 10/10/2003 7:18:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Hmmm...  .380 is definitely the way to go as far as better lethality, but this is going to be a "deep cover" hideout piece, so I'd still probably go with the .32, as the .380 appears to be just a bit bulkier.

Thanks for the info, guys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top