Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2008 8:59:45 AM EDT
Well I'm pretty much set on a Glock 19 for my 9mm pistol fix. I was planning on grabbing a .22 pistol as well, but now I may get that later & get a revolver of some sort now instead.

I know nothing about revolvers though. What caliber should I be looking for? .357? I'd want to keep it under $400. New or used is fine
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:53:40 AM EDT
[#1]
You've got to get a .22 pistol if you don't already have one.  Shoot it a ton and you will be a much better shot and have a lot of fun with cheap ammo.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:37:07 AM EDT
[#2]
You aren't going to find much of anything in .357 Mag under $400, other than Taurus.

CDNN may still have some 4" Model 65 S&W's for under $300, but that's going to be about it.

Buy a .22 revolver.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:10:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm more of a wheelgun fan than pistols, so I say revolver.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:17:36 PM EDT
[#4]
You should get a Ruger Single Six. Lots of cheap shooting fun with one of these....
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:01:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You aren't going to find much of anything in .357 Mag under $400, other than Taurus.

CDNN may still have some 4" Model 65 S&W's for under $300, but that's going to be about it.

Buy a .22 revolver.

Used GP-100s on gunsamerica.com

I love my GP!
That said... if you want a reliable, versatile .22 revolver, get one with  a LR and WMR cylinder. The bullet diameters are the same, but the WMR (aka. .22 Magnum) is longer and the case is wider.

I have a Ruger Single Six that has both cylinders and it is bitchin' to shoot!!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:21:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Buy a .22 revolver.

I love my GP!
That said... if you want a reliable, versatile .22 revolver, get one with  a LR and WMR cylinder. The bullet diameters are the same, but the WMR (aka. .22 Magnum) is longer and the case is wider.

Actually, the bullet diameters are different, but only by .001".
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:49:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Buy a .22 revolver.

I love my GP!

Actually, the bullet diameters are different, but only by .001".

Thanks for the info! Maybe that's why the WMR shoots more accurately than the LR in my Single Six!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:41:08 PM EDT
[#8]
The Ruger Six series of .357s can generally be found for $100-150 less than the GP100s these days. I personally like them better than the GP100s.

3inch Security-Six and 3inch Speed-Six.

Another Ruger suggestion would be a MarkII .22LR autoloader. They can be found used for anywhere from $150-250 depending on barrel style and length.

Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:50:29 PM EDT
[#9]
You will get so tired of loading those six shot single action pistols ,even the nine shot rugar semi-autos!  They make some newer nine shot swing out cylinders ,but if you can find some break top H&R 7 shot revolvers,or High Standard pistols made for Western Auto(revelation mod 99)!

The swing out double action nine shot revolver doesn't need a magazine,just put them small boxes in your pocket and the pistol in your pocket!

You find a High Standard Nine shot jump on it!

My Model 99 revalation was made in 1950 and is a nine shot 22,the beauty is the serial num is 1950922  How cool is that?

Bob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top