Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2003 12:32:06 PM EDT
There are "fake silencers" for handguns available from www.gunsnstuff.net.  I read elsewhere that they have no effect on noise whatsoever, or otherwise they would be illegal.  So I am quite puzzled: what's the use??
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 12:57:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Its just for looks. Nothing else.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 6:22:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks... that's pretty strange.  I guess the slim, barrel-diameter ones could be good for a more "evil" look, like in the movies, but the large fat ones look comical to me.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 12:04:22 AM EDT
[#3]
The only real use for fake silencers is on long barrel carbines, like the USC or HK94 in states where SBR is illegal or when you don't want the hassel. A USC with a fake can (and dyed black of course) looks 10x better than one without, imo.

For pistols, it's kind of worthless, even for looks.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 12:06:15 AM EDT
[#4]
You ever shoot a gun with a can on it? The slim ones IMHO are very rare, most of the cans I've shot are pretty thick in DIA.

If you have never got a chance to be around supressors (very few actually "silence" a weapon) and are on the west side, go to Wade's East Side gunshop in Bellvue on Bel-Red road. They sell supressors, and I plan on going through them when I pick up a can for my P22.

I always thought a supressor, for real "James Bond" work on anything bigger than a .380 was pretty funny, most black-ops suppressed pistols are .22s, and have been since before WWII. I've even heard stories that the SEALs carry a supressed .22LR upper for their AR15s for ultra-quiet work. But thats getting a bit OT.

Link Posted: 7/26/2003 4:26:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Fake suppressors are for people who have to live under the evil sherif of nottinghams reign in his new location Garfield hts OHIO !

I am a 26 year old man with a perfect police record not so much as even a traffic violation but that doesnt matter to chief of police Thomas P. Murphy . Acording to the woman at the fron desk "angry voice" HE DOESNT SEE PEOPLE ABOUT MACHINE GUNS OR SUPPRESSORS ! Ok why its legal in this state and there are no restrictions in Garfield I know for a fact I already checked . HE DOESNT SEE ANYONE ABOUT WEAPONS YOU HAVE TO LEAVE !

How do you deal with somone like that ? I wanted to leagaly purchase a suppressor and the guy wouldnt even see me about it !

Link Posted: 7/26/2003 5:45:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Hunter,
Do like some others do and bypass your CLEO. Form a non-profit Corporation and you wont need his signature.
Top Top