Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2003 7:46:02 AM EDT
Hey all since were getting ever so close to getting a CCW system here in wisconsin, I've decided to start looking for a small carry gun for the summer months. Winter is covered, by a beretts 92, or a baby eagle. But i want something small for the summer as i wear shorts a lot in the summer./ I'm looking for a 3-3.5in barreled gun in .40. My dealer said that i can get one from SA, and ParaOrd.  The SA was nice looking and it has a rail on it, not that it's needed but it's nice to have. if any of you have a compact SA 1911 or a pra ord 1911 can ya tell me how ya like them. Are there any other guns i may want to look at. I did check out an HK USP compact in .40 and I liked it. But the price for mags is just to damn much for me.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 5:13:55 PM EDT
[#1]
STI

...STI's BLS

and

... STI's LS

Caliber   9 m.m. and .40S&W
Frame   Officers Size grip, Steel, STIppled front strap
Grip Panels   Rosewood Thin panels
Slide Features   STI Bullet Style Front and Rear Serrations
Trigger   STI long curved
Barrel   3.4” STI fully supported, ramped bull barrel
w/ linkless lock up
Safeties   Blue STI Grip and Single sided thumb
Guide Rod   STI RecoilMaster
Sights   Slide integral front w/ Heinie Low mount rear
Overall Length   7.0”
Width   .765” across steel, 1.06” across grips
Weight   28.0oz  
Finish   Flat Blue
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 4:46:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Those are nice lookin' gotta see if one of the dealers arond here has one i can play with. Thanks
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 8:35:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Kahr makes a nice little compact .40 as does Glock. The SW99 is now available in compact.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 8:41:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Kahr makes a nice little compact .40 as does Glock. The SW99 is now available in compact.

Yah but there all DAO, and glocks feel like crap in my hand. If i could get a single action baby desert eagle compact in .40 I'd be set.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 6:03:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Browning High Power .40SW
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 8:45:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

While smaller than a 1911, not exactly compact
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 4:46:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

If they made a compat in .40 Id get one. I like the highpower. I still may get one just to have one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top