Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2003 9:59:32 PM EDT
If there are some good posts on these please drop a link.

Know any good safe sites and recommend anything?
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 1:10:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Best price I've seen has been for about $70 @ Wally-World (Wal-mart) - but it's pretty much a standard kinda thing.  Other ones I've seen have had things like mutliple access codes and courtesy lights, and run anywhere up to $140.

I'm not so sure about buying something like this online unless you're sure you're getting a good deal, merely for the cost of shipping vs. getting one locally.  Best place to look would probably be the auction sites (gunbroker.com, auctionarms.com, etc.  Even eBay has these every now and then.)

Personally, I bought a non-keypad one.  I can see myself forgetting the change the battery, and then when I need quick access, I'm screwed.  Better to be used to using a key, IMHO.

As always, merely my 2 cents...

*** edited for my bad grammer ***
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:16:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Personally, I bought a non-keypad one.  I can see myself forgetting the change the battery, and then when I need quick access, I'm screwed.  Better to be used to using a key, IMHO.

As always, merely my 2 cents...

*** edited for my bad grammer ***

Most key pad models do have some sort of back up access to the safes, usually a key.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 9:00:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I checked one out at Wally World one day. It had a lot of room in it. The batteries go on the inside top, but they can also use an adapter to be plugged in. If the batteries go dead the key can be used. If the combo is entered wrong 5 times it will lock and can't be opened without the key. The bad thing about it though is that is can use 3 or more combo's at a time so it's easier to figure one out. The alarm wasn't too loud but you can hear it pretty well. It has a shock sensor also.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 3:51:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Does anybody remember one that bolts to a bedframe?
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Not cheap, but unquestionably the best I've found:

http://www.handgunsafe.com/

Andrew
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 8:28:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I like those touch pad safes also. Although I would recommend NOT getting one with a light. Imagine how much that would give you away in the dark of night when you open it? Also, awaking from a sleep you could get "light blinded" upon opening it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 8:47:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 11:12:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I think I am going to get one of these.

http://www.gunvault.com/minideluxe.asp

If the light is a issue I can cover it up or break it. Quick access which is a must for everyday use and ac powered along with batteries for power out and key for dead batteries.

Only concern is if I leave the Glock loaded then can I install a holster so I would not accidently hit trigger upon quick stressful retrievel.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 1:54:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I like the mossberg instant access safe.  It has a 10key and lights up.

It also will beep when you enter the combo, if anyone has been tampering with it (kids)

And, you can get a second baseplate, to secure it to another place.

It's a little expensive, but worth it.

About 190 online

TXL
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 1:45:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Here is the one that you lay your hand down in and 'finger' in the combo...

Top Top