Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2003 3:51:02 AM EDT
I see AR-15 kits all over the place.  Just buy a stripped lower and the kit, put it togeather and you have an AR-15.

Is there such a kit for a 1911????
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 5:25:47 AM EDT
[#1]
doubtful....  Not that you can't peice one together from parts.

I've never seen a 'kit'.

Link Posted: 7/8/2003 5:41:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Sportsman's Guide sells a 1911 A1 parts kit for $249. Its everything except the frame. I doubt it would make the gun of your dreams, but it would be functional. Its all surplus parts.

The dreaded Hesse Arms sold 1911 kits as well.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 5:50:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Dan Wesson sells complete kits from a variety of their model lines. Details can be found at www.danwessonfirearms.com/1911kits.htm

If you check the Dan Wesson section of 1911forum.com, you'll find some discussions about the kits. www.1911forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=52
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 6:15:23 AM EDT
[#4]
There are several makers of 1911 kits.

Sarco sells a kit from a mishmash of used and new parts.  

DPMS also sells a kit, as do Dan Wesson, Federal Arms Corp, and I believe M&A Parts.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 6:39:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks!!  The Dan Wesson kits are perfect.
$530 for a very nice 1911 kit.

The only problem is weather or not I can get it in Maryland.  because we have an integeral lock law, and a fired shell caseing law, it might be a signifigant problem.

my biggest question is how come Marylands logo is, "The Free State" ???????  what a crock
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 9:27:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Check out www.sarcoinc.com  Call them they have some Brazilian kits that are good.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 9:31:37 AM EDT
[#7]
TRY Caspian.........they are a quality base for many custom built 1911's
www.caspianarms.com/

www.1911forum.com is a great place for info as well.

Best of luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top