Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2003 10:53:51 PM EDT
I know its hard to compare the two since they are two calibers on opposite ends of the spectrum.  But, for those who have experienced both, whaich do you prefer? What are the associated problems with the two?  What do I look for to avoid lemons?  This isn't a caliber debate.  I enjoy all three calibers.  The quality of weapon is the question.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 11:13:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I carried a Glock 30 for several years, damn good gun. Nothing to really look for unless you're buying used. If so, merely just change out the recoil spring for a fresh one.

I haven't yet shot a XD so I cannot comment on them.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 2:23:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I have had a Glock 30 for 3 or so years and it has never jammed or misfired. It probably has a longer grip than the Springfield so you can get that pinky on it. One more thing is the grip safety might get annoying to me. But then again it would be smaller if one were to carry it all day. I've never heard of any quality problems with either. Both are good choices.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:20:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't like subcompacts, I like to get all my fingers on the grip.

The G30 can't really be classed as a subcompact, it's pretty darn huge.  It's more along the size of the Glock 19 or 23.  I don't really like it because it just feels too wide, and I never could get used to the way it shot.  Plus the stupid finger notches don't always fit everyone.  Still, if you want 11 rounds of .45 in a concealable package, it's the only way to go.

I've shot most of the models in the XD line and I categorically prefer them over the Glocks.  Even the XD subcompact has a light rail with an available light.  I don't think Glock will ever put rails on their subcompacts.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:33:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I love my XD's (XD9 service, XD40 tactical). Not as expensive. I can spend the exra money on ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top