Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2006 12:20:46 PM EDT
I've been reading a few threads about concealment and a lot of people stated that you need a good gun belt for better comfort.  I've carried a USP C/IWB Galco for 6 yrs. and a 1911 full size/IWB Milt Sparks for 1 yr and the only noticiable change in comfort was due to pants waist size.  Im 30" but wear 32" and feel a way lot more comfortable. I though that the belt was to hold the holster in place.  So my last two belts are 1.5" Thimberland and a 1.5" Clarks both good quality leather and well seamed.

My concern is what this gun belts ($100+) offer that my $40 belts don't?  Just don't want to order one to discover myself it is the same as mines...

Regards.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:31:10 PM EDT
[#1]
That's actually a good question.

I hope somebody else with more knowledge than me replies.

I would imagine that it would be best to have a really stiff belt.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I paid only $60 or so for my belt, a Galco model. Yes, the stiffness of the better belts are what the difference is.

A little bit of internet shopping can save you some $$$, IMO.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:32:53 PM EDT
[#3]
A good gunbelt makes a big difference IMO. The gun will stay closer to your body which will help with concealment. A good belt shoudn't cost $100.
Check out:
Beltman
Rafter S
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:13:55 PM EDT
[#4]
While it's not as important with IWB carry as OWB, a sturdy belt still helps. I prefer the Wilderness for IWB carry over any leather, and it has the added advantage of being half the price of good leather.

I have found that even designer brand leather belts don't hold up, even WITHOUT carrying a gun and accessories. I have had Calvin Klein, DKNY, Ralph Lauren, etc. dress belts that cost $40-50 and were falling apart after 6 months.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:30:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I carried OWB with a regular leather belt for 5 years and it sagged but I kept putting off buying a better belt.  I was looking for a new regular belt yesterday and they happend to have a Galco Instructors belt there.  It fit and I liked it so I picked it up.  There was a huge difference in comfort and concealment because now I can't feel the gun pulling on my belt and it rides higher/tighter to my body.  They aren't anywhere near $100, I paid $42.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top