Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2006 11:57:34 AM EDT
I have one of the newest runs of the SW9VE’s (not the buggy old ones) with the HI-CAP 16+1 mags. For the price, couldn’t ask for a better 9mm. I keep her fed with 147g JHP.

This weapon has no external safety and I carry IWB, barrel is pointed directly at my manhood. My question is should I carry with one in hole?

The only safety feature this has is the abnormally heavy trigger that everyone complains about, but I have used this weapon so many times either through my fingers becoming stronger or the spring wearing in, it just doesn’t seem heavy enough to be the only thing keeping a 147 g JHP from entering into my manhood.

Thoughts?

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:05:32 PM EDT
[#1]
A gun that can't be drawn and fired is a club. With the 28 pound trigger on the Sigma, I don't think even an idiot could "accidently" fire it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:57:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Haha, it does feel about that heavy, yes.

I wouldn't sweat it at all.  It has something like a 12 or 14 pound trigger, and unless you're visiting strip clubs with it, there aren't many situations where you'll have problems.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:40:03 PM EDT
[#3]
People just this question everyday.

I always say...don't touch the trigger and the gun won't go off.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:24:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Another question, what about jarring? I work in a bad area and keep her unholstered and in my lap when driving, if I were to get in a heavy wreck, without the trigger being pulled is there any way for this to go off if it went flying?

This is not something I'm worried about, just a hypothetical question. I'm 22, only recently began to get serious about weapons and don't know the inner workings yet so I don't know if a discharge from a jar is possible or not?

Brandon
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:14:26 PM EDT
[#5]
The trigger is very hard to protect you.  Have you tried a different type of carry?  I dont think I could have a loaded sigma pointed at my junk without thinking about it all day.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:37:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I think you need to reevaluate how you handle firearms.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:53:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I always carry one in the pipe in my 40VE.  Any carry IWB or OWB requires a holster that covers the trigger.  If you have such a holster for your 9VE, then you have no issue with it pointed where it is.  If you feel not comfortable it pointed there, point it somewhere else like at 3 o'clock.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:22:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I carried my (VE and my G19 with one in the pipe and I also had the same issue you have but after carring that way a few times you forget that it was even a bid deal.  If you don't pull the trigger 99.9999999999% of the time it isn't goint to go off.  

Carry with one in the pipe those few precious seconds are worth and will be needed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top