Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 12:53:42 PM EDT
My brother just bought a Kimber Gold Match in .40 S&W. What's the best magazine for this caliber? 9 rounders would be best (for IDPA).

On Brian Enos's web page, I see that he advertises regular Wilson-Rogers magazines as working well for both .45 and .40. Any thoughts on that? Would we have to load them long to get them to feed right? The magazine that came with it has a "block" on the back, to keep the round towards the front of the gun.

Thanks for any advice.

(I also posted in the 1911 are, but figured this got more traffic.)
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:52:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Chip McCormick Shooting Star Magazine with Base Pad 1911 Government, Commander 10mm Auto 9-Round Stainless Steel

I've used them in my 40 Springfield custom build for years in IPSC. 10mm has no block and will allow longer loaded ammo.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:13:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Go to Brownell's site & look up the Metalform .40 mags - they offer fixed baseplate, removeable baseplate, and extended 10 rounders. Pick whichever style you like.

These all have a spacer in the rear & work only with standard length .40. But, that makes them more reliable with factory ammo than a 10mm magazine.

These are the only really reliable .40 single stack mags I know of, & I've tried them all. They have extended feed lips for a correct geometry that other .40/10mm mags don't have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top